Clinical Pastoral Education has been in the Philippines since the 1970s (at least) with the “Philippine Association of Clinical Pastoral Care.” CPE has had its ups and downs in the Philippines over the decades. CPSP-Philippines is one avenue for clinical pastoral education in the Philippines, but it is in no sense the only one. Here are some others:
(Formerly “Pastoral Care Foundation”)
- At Adventist Medical Center Manila, CPE dates are the following: June 27 to Sept 2, 2016, and October 3 to Dec 9, 2016
- Manila Doctor’s Hospital and St. Camillus Pastoral Healthcare Center have similar schedules to AMCM.
- There are other sites as well, such as Visayas Community Medical Center… but we don’t have their schedules at this time.
(Certified by the Center for Spiritual Care and Pastoral Formation, CSCPF)
3. Silliman University (Philippine Association of Clinical Pastoral Education, PACPE)
- Silliman has a Master of Divinity degree program in Spiritual Care/CPE.
There are other programs out there, but these are major ones that we know of. There has been a major growth in “Online CPE” that some supervisors now do. One group that does this and is available in the Philippines is the Association of Professional Conservative Chaplains (APCC). However, CPSP-Philippines has recently started doing this as well.