Above is the CPE Commissioning held at Philippine Baptist Theological Seminary for Bukal Life Care and Counseling Center and the CPE Counseling Center at Saint Andrews Theological Seminary. There were 9 trainees from Bukal and 7 trainees from SATS. Father Ivo Anselmi spoke on the topic of family at the event. Fr. Ivo is a CPE graduate under Nars Dumalagan of PCF.
August. Bukal Life Care and New Heights expect start another unit of CPE. Bukal plans to do a Saturday Extended unit led by Chaplain Lyn. Exact start is still being worked out. New Heights plans to start on August 5th at Ellinwood Malate Church in Manila.
Dr. Cal Sodoy is leading an Intensive CPE in Brokenshire Hospital in Davao at the moment, and Chaplain Renato is overseeing a unit of CPE at Hesed in Bocaue, Bulacan.
It is also worth noting that a few weeks ago Shalom, in Zamboanga, under Chaplain Elvin Salarda, completed a CPE, with Diplomate Sim Dang-Awan as guest at their graduation.
September. Bukal Life Care plans to hold a CPE unit at Pines City Doctors Hospital. More details as they come available.
Also note that as a number of our members are advancing there is need for certification boards. We are working to accommodate them. More to follow on this as well.
Congratulations to the 4 CPE trainees at Glocal Community Center for competion of their first unit of Clinical Pastoral Education. Glocal Community Center is a CPSP-Philippines accredited center headed by Diplomate Supervisor Paul Tabon. It is based in Baguio City with Pines City Doctor’s Hospital as their primary training location. The graduation was hosted by Father Ivo Anselmi at the St. Camillus Novitiate in Baguio City.
This is not a complete list of news, but I am forwarding the news that I have:
- Glocal Community. March 19. Supervisor Paul Tabon will hold the graduation of his latest batch of CPE trainees. Pictures to follow.
- Bukal Life Care. March 12. Start of Summer Intensive. 7 trainees. Vo Canoy will serve as SIT working with Supervisor Celia Munson
- Bukal Life Corporate Chaplaincy. SIT Renato Eustaquio is continuing his program of corporate chaplaincy in Bulacan, and is in process of establishing a pastoral counseling office for hospital chaplaincy. More to follow when this is clarified.
- New Heights. Supervisor Sim Dang-Awan Jr., is about to start a new unit of CPE. It will likely be held at Ellinwood Malate Church in Manila. Doc Sim will act as supervisor, assisted by Dr. Larry Gusto.
- Zamboanga. Chaplain Phan Buac is completing his latest unit of CPE at Silliman under PACPE. Upon his return home he will be working to arrange his next CPO (clinical pastoral orientation) group.
- Clinical Pastoral and Spiritual Care Center. Dr. Cal Sodoy plans to hold CPE in Davao. July 8 to August 10, 2019. Also the D.Min. in Pastoral Counseling and Supervision will start a new school year at Central Philippine University this coming June.
- Standards Changes: Pastoral Counselor and Clinical Chaplain are now no longer considered to be separate certifications. They are now linked together. New sub-specialty for corporate chaplaincy is now added. This now makes two sub-specialties, the other being palliative and hospice care.
- Membership: It is time for membership renewals. The board is working out the details of some changes to the membership scheme. Once they are worked out, we will send you the information so you can update yourself with us.
Summer Intensive 2019 Bukal Life Care CPE Group with SIT Vo
We don’t always know what is going in on our training centers at all times. We welcome being updated. But here are some programs that are gong on at this time.
–Baguio City. Supervisor’s in Training Vo and Lyn, under the oversight of Supervisor Celia, are holding full and half unit extended CPE, starting in mid-October. This is Lyn’s first time as SIT.
— Manila. Supervisor Sim is supervising an extended CPE group at Cosmopolitan Church, Ermita, Manila. in Parish/Community-based chaplaincy.
–Bulacan. SIT Renato is supervising a unique CPO (Clinical Pastoral Orientation) in Industrial (or Corporate) Chaplaincy. This is his first supervision.
–Zamboanga City. Chaplain Phanuel is supervising his fourth CPO group in hospital-based chaplaincy.