CPE has been traditionally built around training seminarians for hospital chaplaincy. Over time CPE has broadened to train for and serve other settings. Due to this, there have been the growth of sub-specializations for unique forms of chaplaincy.
The following is an initial list of subspecializations of supervisors. They can be available for subspecialty-based CPE units, or as mentors.
- Drug/Alcohol Rehabilitation Chaplaincy: Diplomate Sim Dang-Awan Jr.
- Crisis Response Chaplaincy: Diplomate Celia Munson
- Community Chaplaincy: Diplomate Paul Tabon
- Corporate Chaplaincy: S.I.T. Renato Eustaquio
- Military Chaplaincy: Diplomate Sim Dang-Awan Jr.