- Dr. Cal Sodoy is presently holding advanced CPE training in Davao City. This program is especialy intense, being completed in a 5 week period.
- Best Wishes to Chaplain Victor Layug as he begins his 1 year residency in CPE at Emory University Hospital in Atlanta Georgia.
- Additional best wishes to Dr. Sim Dang-Awan as he assumes the duties of hospital chaplain at Mary Johnston Hospital (Manila) during the absence of Chaplain Victor.
- Congratulations to Phanuel Buac for the completion of the first Clinical Pastoral Orientation group (CPO) in Zamboanga, serving as facilitator. CPO is a preparatory practical training for those interested in chaplaincy or pastoral care ministry. It also serves as a way for those working towards SIT to gain some experience in facilitating training. We also wish him well as he will be doing an advanced unit of CPE with Dr. Cal.
- Bob and Celia Munson have completed a book “The Art of Pastoral Care.” The book is primarily for the use of Intro to Pastoral Care or CPO courses… especially in the Philippines.
- Two new CPE groups will begin in August in Baguio. One is led by Doc Paul and will start in mid-August with weekday meetings. The other is led by Chaplain Celia, and will be a half unit course, meeting the last Monday-Wednesday of each month, August through November.
Dr. Raymond Lawrence will be with us in October… leading trainng at St. Andrews Theological Seminary in Quezon City. We are planning a CPSP-Philippines event during that time, Most likely it will occur during the 13th – 16th of October, in Manila.
Congratulations to the 14 trainees who completed CPE during the Summer of 2014 in Baguio. All were done through the partnership between Bukal Life Care and Philippine Baptist Theological Seminary. Some did it as part of the PBTS Summer Intership or PBTS SEE.
The picture above from left to right:
Bob Munson: (Administrator, Bukal Life Care), Jehny Pedazo (SIT), Celia Munson (SIT), Sesano Neikha (CPE in progress), Violeta Canoy (CPE graduate— completing her 4th unit), German Ramboyong Jr (CPE graduate— completing his 3rd unit), Edgar Chan (CPE graduate— completing his 3rd unit), Marcelina Maslian (CPE graduate— completing her 3rd unit), Rosemarie Estipular (with apo, CPE graduate— completing her 3rd unit), Winter Langpaoen (CPE graduate— completing his 2nd unit, Zam Tunglut (CPE graduate— completing his 2nd unit), Joel Munson (CPE graduate, completing his 2nd unit), Roberto Sables (CPE graduate), Dexter Bugalin (CPE graduate), Jhon Carlo Balajadia (CPE graduate), Naw Sayra Lwe Min (CPE graduate), Naw Mu Htoo Paw (CPE graduate), Paul Tabon (SIT)
All graduates have completed 400 hours of didactic training, group work relations, individual supervision, case studies, and practical ministry. The training meets the standards of the College of Pastoral Supervision & Psychotherapy (CPSP), as well as CPSP-Philippines.
The next training is Baguio will start in August. Doc Paul’s group will start in mid-August, while Chaplain Celia’s will start at the end of August.