New Heights: Doc Sim has started a new CPE group on April 1st. They are presently meeting at Ellinwood Malate Church (in Malate, Manila)
Bukal Life Care: Chap. Vo Canoy (with Diplomate Celia Munson) is in the middle of Summer Intensive. Mid-unit evals are going on April 26 with expected completion of unit in mid-May.
June 2018. There has been a lot of interest in CPE for June. Here are centers that are having CPE begining in June.
Congratulations to the 4 CPE trainees at Glocal Community Center for competion of their first unit of Clinical Pastoral Education. Glocal Community Center is a CPSP-Philippines accredited center headed by Diplomate Supervisor Paul Tabon. It is based in Baguio City with Pines City Doctor’s Hospital as their primary training location. The graduation was hosted by Father Ivo Anselmi at the St. Camillus Novitiate in Baguio City.
This is not a complete list of news, but I am forwarding the news that I have:
- Glocal Community. March 19. Supervisor Paul Tabon will hold the graduation of his latest batch of CPE trainees. Pictures to follow.
- Bukal Life Care. March 12. Start of Summer Intensive. 7 trainees. Vo Canoy will serve as SIT working with Supervisor Celia Munson
- Bukal Life Corporate Chaplaincy. SIT Renato Eustaquio is continuing his program of corporate chaplaincy in Bulacan, and is in process of establishing a pastoral counseling office for hospital chaplaincy. More to follow when this is clarified.
- New Heights. Supervisor Sim Dang-Awan Jr., is about to start a new unit of CPE. It will likely be held at Ellinwood Malate Church in Manila. Doc Sim will act as supervisor, assisted by Dr. Larry Gusto.
- Zamboanga. Chaplain Phan Buac is completing his latest unit of CPE at Silliman under PACPE. Upon his return home he will be working to arrange his next CPO (clinical pastoral orientation) group.
- Clinical Pastoral and Spiritual Care Center. Dr. Cal Sodoy plans to hold CPE in Davao. July 8 to August 10, 2019. Also the D.Min. in Pastoral Counseling and Supervision will start a new school year at Central Philippine University this coming June.
- Standards Changes: Pastoral Counselor and Clinical Chaplain are now no longer considered to be separate certifications. They are now linked together. New sub-specialty for corporate chaplaincy is now added. This now makes two sub-specialties, the other being palliative and hospice care.
- Membership: It is time for membership renewals. The board is working out the details of some changes to the membership scheme. Once they are worked out, we will send you the information so you can update yourself with us.
Summer Intensive 2019 Bukal Life Care CPE Group with SIT Vo
This Summer there are 22 CPE trainees in the two CPSP-Philippines training centers in Baguio City. Supervisor Paul Tabon, working with Pines City Doctors Hospital, has 7 trainees. Supervisor Celia Munson, of Bukal Life Care, has 6 trainees. Additionally at Bukal Life Care, there are two SITs active. Vo Canoy has 5 trainees, and Edgar Chan has 4 trainees.
Supervisor Paul with his CPE trainees
CPE trainees with Bukal Life Care team on Quirino Province Mission Trip— Training of local pastors and layleaders in Pastoral Counseling.
CPE Training via Skype with Chaplain Salvador Delmundo, APC certified, serving as head chaplain at the famed Menninger Clinic.
CPE Commissioning for Bukal Life Care 2018 Summer Intensive
The following presentations provides a quick overview of the principles of training associated with CPE. The first one comes from the Bukal Life Care website. (Bukal Life Care is one of our accredited training centers.) The second is from CPSP-Philippines
Greetings. Merry Christmas. Happy New Year. If you are a present CPSP-Philippines member, or have been in the past, we have three PDFs of books that might be of value to you. At least one of them is really hard to get a hold of, at any price. But if you email me at email@example.com, I will send you the three PDFs for free.
Bob Munson, CPSP-Philippines registrar
Dr. Raymond Lawrence, the General Secretary of CPSP is visiting the Philippines. Right now (March 27 – April 7, 2017) he is here leading CPE training with trainees at St. Andrews Theological Seminary.
Summer Intensive CPE has started up again with Bukal Life Care in Baguio City. 12 trainees at this time are now busy, supervised by SITs JM and Vo. CPE Summer Intensive will soon be starting at Mary Johnston Hospital (Manila) led by Dr. Sim, and at Pines Doctors Hospital (Baguio) led by Dr. Paul.
SIT JM with a majority of the CPE trainees with Bukal Summer Intensive 2017.
In the next couple of days, Dr. Doug Dickens will be arriving in the Philippines. He is a Diplomate Supervisor of Clinical Pastoral Education/Training, with CPSP. He will be teaching a course in Crisis Care at Philippine Baptist Theological Seminary. He will also lead a 2-day seminar, also at PBTS, on Pastoral Diagnosis. This is on April 24-25. He will also be working with SITs and Supervisors of CPSP-Philippines.
Mary Johnston Hospital. Tondo, Manila.
- Batch #1. 04 April – 23 May. Intensive. Led by Supervisor Sim Dang-Awan.
- Batch #2. Starting in July. Extended. Led by Supervisor Sim Dang-Awan and Chaplain Victor Layug.
Bukal Life Care. Baguio City
- Batch #1. 27 March – 03 June (approximately). Intensive. Led by Supervisors Paul Tabon and Celia Munson.
- Batch #2. July (approximate start). Extended. Led by Supervisors Paul Tabon and Celia Munson.
Romblon Provincial Hospital. Tablas, Romblon. January 9 – February 10. Supervisor Cal Sodoy.
Iloilo Mission Hospital. Iloilo City. March 27 – April 28. Supervisor Cal Sodoy.
Brent Hospital. Zamboanga City. June 5 – July 7. Supervisor Cal Sodoy.
Brokeshire Memorial Hospital. Davao City. July 17 – August 25. Supervisor Cal Sodoy.
Capiz Emmanuel Hospital. Roxas City. October 9 – November 17. Supervisor Cal Sodoy.
The following is the 2017 schedule for half-unit CPE courses led by Dr. Cal Sodoy of the Pastoral and Spiritual Care Training Center.
January 9 – February 10: Romblon Provincial Hospital (Tablas Island)
March 27 – April 28: Iloilo Mission Hospital (Iloilo City)
June 5 – July 7. Brent Hospital (Zamboanga City)
July 17 – August 25: Brokeshire Memorial Hospital (Davao City)
October 9 – November 17: Capiz Emmanuel Hospital (Roxas City)
<For more info, you may email: firstname.lastname@example.org