We don’t always have everything that is going on. But as we learn them, always happy to pass them on here.
- JULY 25 Start of CPE Batch (PBTS Training Center). Dr. Paul Tabon
- JULY 25 Start of CPE Batch (Mary Johnston Hospital). Dr. Sim Dang-Awan
- AUGUST 3 Start of CPE Graduate Training Seminar at Medical City Iloilo and Western Visayas Regional Medical Center, Iloilo City. Dr. Cal Sodoy
- SEPTEMBER ____ Start of CPE Batch (Bukal Life Care Training Center). Celia Munson
- NOVEMBER 2 Start of CPE Graduate Training Seminar, Romblon Provincial Hospital, Odiongan, Romblon (Tablas Island, Philippines). Dr. Cal Sodoy
- NOVEMBER 15 Visit from Dr. Raymond Lawrence, General Secretary of CPSP (Intl)
Trainings planned for November (2015) and January (2016), as well as Certification boards. Exact days will be give more information as we learn them.
CPSP-Philippines was founded in Baguio City in 2011. The expansion has been slow, but it is speeding up both to the South and to the North. Starting from the South and moving North.
1. Visayas and Mindanao. CPE Supervisor Calixto Sodoy is overseeing three CPE training centers: Visayas, Mindanao, and Southern Tagalog. He is working with Supervisors-in-Training, Cris Sian and Mary Grace Labis. It is great to be working with them and are excited at the possibility of expanding pastoral care and clinical chaplaincy in these regions. They will be busy this Summer with CPE trainees. Additionally. another member is working to establish a chapter, and initiating clinical pastoral care, in Zamboanga.
2. Metro Manila. Dr. Sim Dang-Awan and Dr. Victor Layug will be leading a CPE training at Mary Johnston Hospital. This will be handled residentially at the hospital. The unit will start on April 6 and continue to July 4.
3. Baguio. The Bukal Life and PBTS Training Centers will be holding joint CPE trainings on the campus of PBTS, in conjunction with Baguio General Hospital. The SITs in charge are Celia Munson and Jehny Pedazo of the Bukal Life Training Center, and Dr. Paul Tabon of the PBTS Training Center. The full unit starts March 16th and continues for 11 weeks. The half unit starts April 8 and continues 6-7 weeks.
4. Korea. Dr. Y. Lee will be starting CPE in the Ansan City area in the next few weeks. More info as it becomes available.
Thursday, May 23. 9am. “Stress Management” lecture with the Department of Agriculture. Led by Doc Sim.
Friday, May 31. Baguio CPE Summer Intensive Graduation.. West Baguio Baptist Church, 9am.
Mid-June (circa June 14). Start of the next batch for CPE-Extended. Led by Joyce Gray. Baguio City.
Mid-August. Estimated date for CPE-Extended group Led by Celia Munson, Baguio City.
Late-September. Estimated date for CPSP – Southeast Asia Conference. in Quezon City.
There is more including CPE in Manila. Will pass on info as it is made available.