Congratulations to Ptr. Phanuel Buac for passing his certification board for “Clinically Trained Minister” (CTM) with CPSP-PI. His board was in Baguio City, May 15, 2015. Primary board members were Dr. Sim Dang-Awan (SIT program), Jehny Pedazo (SIT program), and Cori Mariano (CC/PC).
Friday, March 20, starting 9AM will be the SIT Peer Support Group for Northern Philippines Region of CPSP-PI. The purpose is for professional development, and personal growth, for those involved in supervisory work in Clinical Pastoral Education.
It will be held at the office of Bukal LIfe Care, on the grounds of Philippine Baptist Theological Seminary (Baguio City).
Expected attendees are SITs from Baguio, Manila, and Korea.
CPSP-Philippines is a regionally partnered organization of the College of Pastoral Supervision and Psychotherapy. CPSP-PI provides certification and accreditation services for chaplains and pastoral care workers, as well as Clinical Pastoral Education programs.
If you have any questions, please email us on the Contact Us Page.
We had a valuable visit with Dr. Raymond Lawrence, the General Secretary of the College of Pastoral Supervision and Psychotherapy, December 11-13, 2014. We were able to have 4 case presentations, along with discussion about SITs. Further, we looked at how CPSP-Philippines can be an independent entity from CPSP, while still maintaining contextually appropriate standards and procedures, so as to maintain equivalency and reciprocity.
Further, we were able to start moving towards a Steering Committee to replace the now defunct “Coordinator” office.
A first draft of the CPSP-PI standards, relying heavily on the standards of CPSP, has been completed and has now just started its reviews and editing.
September 18. Baguio Chapter Meeting
September 28. Baguio Chapter Certification Board
October 4-13. CPSP-PI / Bukal Life Care Training Center, pastoral care training trip to Ansan City, South Korea
October 17-19. Pastoral Care Conference, Linden Suites, Ortigas, Pasig City
<Note: For all Chapters, please gather your member data forms and send electronic versions to Tootsie. For individuals seeking to join a chapter or help establish a new chapter, please contact a chapter near you, or email Bob at email@example.com.>
Wednesday, September 18th, 2014 was the first official meeting of the Governing Council of CPSP-Philippines. The meeting was held in Baguio and hosted by Bukal Life Care. The governing council will be assuming the lead role in guiding CPSP-Philippines. It is made up of conveners from all of the chapters and a representative from the Board of Trustees. The council meeting was made up of the following:
- Paul, Representative from the Board of Trustees
- Celia, Convener for Baguio Chapter
- Ronnel, Convener for Quezon City Chapter
- Tootsie, Representing the newest chapter (yet to be named)
- Rebekah, Convener for the Benguet Chapter
- Cathy, Representing Marikina Chapter
Later, Alexis was able to join, representing Easter Road Chapter. Additionally, Bob and Jehny from Benguet Chapter, and Dr. Lee from Baguio Chapter also joined as interested observers.
In the meeting agreements were made as to leadership structure and roles. Additionally, a proposal for how certifications and memberships will be managed was set.
It was a nice and productive time and special thanks to Tootise, Kathy, and Ronnel for taking the long drive up from Manila to join the meeting.
The Annual Board Meeting of CPSP-Philippines will be held at Philippine Baptist Theological Seminary (19 Tacay Road, Baguio City, Philippines). It will be on January 22nd at 11am.
All BOT members are formally invited and requested to join. However, all members of CPSP-Philippines are welcome as well.
This is, I am sure, not a complete list for March 2013. I am just reporting updates as I know them. Will happily add more as they come in.
1. CPSP just completed their Annual Plenary (March 17-20) in Los Vegas. Joyce Gray, the National Coordinator for CPSP-PI attended representing us. We are looking forward to updates from this important event.
2. March 16, the 2nd half of a CPE batch in Manila resumes. It is being led by SIT Tootsie Escandor-Sobremisana, in Ortigas. (SIT stands for Supervisor-in-Training)
3. March 18, Summer Intensive CPE Orientation began in Baguio City. The initial batch in Baguio is being led by SIT Celia Munson. A follow-up batch (or perhaps two batches) will start in April led by SIT Joyce Gray. These groups are being held at Philippine Baptist Theological Seminary, in Baguio City.
4. April 2, the Benguet Chapter of CPSP-PI will have a certification board for the professional development and certification of CPE and pastoral care providers.