- Dr. Cal Sodoy is presently holding advanced CPE training in Davao City. This program is especialy intense, being completed in a 5 week period.
- Best Wishes to Chaplain Victor Layug as he begins his 1 year residency in CPE at Emory University Hospital in Atlanta Georgia.
- Additional best wishes to Dr. Sim Dang-Awan as he assumes the duties of hospital chaplain at Mary Johnston Hospital (Manila) during the absence of Chaplain Victor.
- Congratulations to Phanuel Buac for the completion of the first Clinical Pastoral Orientation group (CPO) in Zamboanga, serving as facilitator. CPO is a preparatory practical training for those interested in chaplaincy or pastoral care ministry. It also serves as a way for those working towards SIT to gain some experience in facilitating training. We also wish him well as he will be doing an advanced unit of CPE with Dr. Cal.
- Bob and Celia Munson have completed a book “The Art of Pastoral Care.” The book is primarily for the use of Intro to Pastoral Care or CPO courses… especially in the Philippines.
- Two new CPE groups will begin in August in Baguio. One is led by Doc Paul and will start in mid-August with weekday meetings. The other is led by Chaplain Celia, and will be a half unit course, meeting the last Monday-Wednesday of each month, August through November.
Dr. Raymond Lawrence will be with us in October… leading trainng at St. Andrews Theological Seminary in Quezon City. We are planning a CPSP-Philippines event during that time, Most likely it will occur during the 13th – 16th of October, in Manila.