Presently CPSP-Philippines is active in three locations (Baguio, Manila, Iloilo) and about to start in a fourth location soon (Ansan City, Korea).
1. CPE is starting up again in Baguio starting March 23d. This will be our Summer Intensive. It will be led by SITs Celia Munson and Dr. Paul Tabon. There has also been questions whether we will do a full year of CPE, for those seeking it. We are presently looking into that possibility with local hospitals. Will hopefully know soon. The summer intensive will be primarily for full unit (400 total hours), but may also provide half unit (200 total hours). Philippine Baptist Theological Seminary students have the option of taking this CPE for credit, and potentially for internship. PBTS students also receive a discount in cost. This CPE program is certified by CPSP and CPSP-Philippines.
2. The Bukal Life Care training center of CPSP-Philippines is also planning to provide two programs that are not CPSP-Philippines certified, but dovetail in nicely with the certified program.
A. Clinical Pastoral Orientation. This is being held in partnership with PBTS and is a 100 hour preparatory to CPE. It follows the model of CPE but is designed to work better with a bible school system. It will meet on Mondays for 6 weeks starting January 23rd.
B. Disaster Response Chaplaincy. This will be an intensive from May 13-16, again in conjunction with PBTS. For those taking CPE with Bukal Life Care, this will be incuded. However, others may choose to take the class independently, or as part of their PBTS curriculum.
September 18. Baguio Chapter Meeting
September 28. Baguio Chapter Certification Board
October 4-13. CPSP-PI / Bukal Life Care Training Center, pastoral care training trip to Ansan City, South Korea
October 17-19. Pastoral Care Conference, Linden Suites, Ortigas, Pasig City
<Note: For all Chapters, please gather your member data forms and send electronic versions to Tootsie. For individuals seeking to join a chapter or help establish a new chapter, please contact a chapter near you, or email Bob at email@example.com.>
Pastoral Care Seminar in Pasig City, October 17-19, 2014, “Ambassadors of Healing and Hope”. It is being organized by the PCMC Training Center of CPSP-Philippines. Click below for the PDF poster and description.
CPSP-Philippines has been busy both in training workers and providing crisis care to primary victims of Typhoon Haiyan (Yolanda). Two groups, one from Baguio and one from Manila, came together to work with refugees in Manila as well as those still in Tacloban.
Joyce and Noel are still in Tacloban. They have done much work there together with the Bless Yolanda survivors group. Today, she was asked to speak at the meeting with the UN, Commander of the whole operations at the airport, DSWD, Office of Civil Defense and other countries’ leaders manning the airport. The person who hosted them there is Commodore Roy Trinidad, a naval officer that I worked with during the Sendong relief operation at Iligan City.
As per training and collaboration work, Toogsie conducted three crisis care trainings – Irosin, Sorsogon, GCF-East and CCF-St. Francis Square. The CCF training was attended by various stakeholders from the government and private organizations (PNP, DOH, Clinical Psychologists, Ministers, Lay Volunteers, etc.). Tootsie and Joyce co-taught at GCF and CCF. For the last two Saturdays, Tootsie’s group went to United Evangelical Church of the Philippines, a Chinese Church in Binondo, to debrief the survivors who were mostly Chinese businessmen and to facilitate the crisis care training conducted by Ms. Cristina Co, a professor at AGS and pastor at said church.
1. CPSP Chapter Meetings.. Baguio Chapter scheduled for August 2. Benguet Chapter scheduled (tentatively) for August 26.
2. CPE. One CPE group is ongoing in Baguio, and one in Manila (PCMC). Another Baguio group is scheduled to start August 17.
3. Working on plans for major CPSP activities in Iloilo and Manila in September or October. Will update as things get worked out.