Dr. Sim Dang-Awan and Rev. Victor Layug will be holding an Intensive Clinical Pastoral Education at Mary Johnston Hospital, from April 4 to May 24.
There is a lot more going on… but here is what we have at the moment for you:
–Crisis Counseling, PBTS. Starts January 26. Dr. Paul Tabon
–Clinical Pastoral Orientation, Bukal Life Care. Starts Feb 1. Bob/Celia Munson
—CPE at Bukal Life Care/PBTS. Starts March 28. (Celia Munson/Paul Tabon)
Romblon Provincial Hospital (Odiongan). Dr. Cal Soday
—CPE Jan 4-Feb 5
Iloilo City. Dr. Cal Sodoy
—CPU Doctor Student supervision, Feb 15-Mar 11. (Dr. Cal Sodoy)
—CPE, Iloilo Mission Hosptial/Western Medical Center. May 9 – Jun 17.
—CPU Doctoral Student supervision, Sep 1 – Oct 31.
Roxas City. Dr. Cal Sodoy
—CPE. Capiz Emmanuel Hospital. Mar 21 – April 29
Davao City. Dr. Cal Sodoy.
—Brokenshire Memorial Hospital. Jul 11 – Aug 19.
Other trainings are going on. Will let you know as we learn them.
CPSP-Philippines welcomed Dr. Raymond Lawrence and Charlie Spruell to Baguio City. Doc Raymond is the General Secretary of CPSP. He has joined us several times before, and this was Charlie’s second visit. We had three days of fairly intense training. The focus was on Case Studies. All who attended the training received a copy of Dr. Lawrence’s new book. “Nine Cases: The Soul of Pastoral Care and Counseling.” Trainees and members alike provided different cases. Doc Raymond said that the cases provided were “quite stimulating clinical data that made the seminars much fun for me.” The three day seminar was jointly hosted by Bukal Life Care and Philippine Baptist Theological Seminary.
We also had a Thanksgiving Dinner (on Tuesday rather than Thursday due to schedule). During the dinner we had the signing of the Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) that formally establishes the relationship between CPSP and CPSP-Philippines. It was signed by Raymond, as well as Dr. Paul Tabon, the President o the Board of Trustees of CPSP-Philippines. A copy of the signed MOA is available in the Documents section of this webside.
Dr. Raymond Lawrence has arrived in the Philippines on November 21. He will be with us for several days.
Over the next couple of days, he will be giving feedback on case presentations. He also will be signing a Memorandum of Agreement between CPSP and CPSP-Philippines at our Thanksgiving dinner on Tuesday.
We don’t always have everything that is going on. But as we learn them, always happy to pass them on here.
- JULY 25 Start of CPE Batch (PBTS Training Center). Dr. Paul Tabon
- JULY 25 Start of CPE Batch (Mary Johnston Hospital). Dr. Sim Dang-Awan
- AUGUST 3 Start of CPE Graduate Training Seminar at Medical City Iloilo and Western Visayas Regional Medical Center, Iloilo City. Dr. Cal Sodoy
- SEPTEMBER ____ Start of CPE Batch (Bukal Life Care Training Center). Celia Munson
- NOVEMBER 2 Start of CPE Graduate Training Seminar, Romblon Provincial Hospital, Odiongan, Romblon (Tablas Island, Philippines). Dr. Cal Sodoy
- NOVEMBER 15 Visit from Dr. Raymond Lawrence, General Secretary of CPSP (Intl)
Trainings planned for November (2015) and January (2016), as well as Certification boards. Exact days will be give more information as we learn them.
Friday, March 20, starting 9AM will be the SIT Peer Support Group for Northern Philippines Region of CPSP-PI. The purpose is for professional development, and personal growth, for those involved in supervisory work in Clinical Pastoral Education.
It will be held at the office of Bukal LIfe Care, on the grounds of Philippine Baptist Theological Seminary (Baguio City).
Expected attendees are SITs from Baguio, Manila, and Korea.
CPSP-Philippines is a regionally partnered organization of the College of Pastoral Supervision and Psychotherapy. CPSP-PI provides certification and accreditation services for chaplains and pastoral care workers, as well as Clinical Pastoral Education programs.
If you have any questions, please email us on the Contact Us Page.
1. Visayas and Mindanao. CPE Supervisor Calixto Sodoy is overseeing three CPE training centers: Visayas, Mindanao, and Southern Tagalog. He is working with Supervisors-in-Training, Cris Sian and Mary Grace Labis. It is great to be working with them and are excited at the possibility of expanding pastoral care and clinical chaplaincy in these regions. They will be busy this Summer with CPE trainees. Additionally. another member is working to establish a chapter, and initiating clinical pastoral care, in Zamboanga.
2. Metro Manila. Dr. Sim Dang-Awan and Dr. Victor Layug will be leading a CPE training at Mary Johnston Hospital. This will be handled residentially at the hospital. The unit will start on April 6 and continue to July 4.
3. Baguio. The Bukal Life and PBTS Training Centers will be holding joint CPE trainings on the campus of PBTS, in conjunction with Baguio General Hospital. The SITs in charge are Celia Munson and Jehny Pedazo of the Bukal Life Training Center, and Dr. Paul Tabon of the PBTS Training Center. The full unit starts March 16th and continues for 11 weeks. The half unit starts April 8 and continues 6-7 weeks.
4. Korea. Dr. Y. Lee will be starting CPE in the Ansan City area in the next few weeks. More info as it becomes available.