Dr. Raymond Lawrence has arrived in the Philippines on November 21. He will be with us for several days.
Starting on Monday, November 23, 9am, at Philippine Baptist Theological Seminary, he will be providing training on Case Studies, based on his new book.
Over the next couple of days, he will be giving feedback on case presentations. He also will be signing a Memorandum of Agreement between CPSP and CPSP-Philippines at our Thanksgiving dinner on Tuesday.
We don’t always have everything that is going on. But as we learn them, always happy to pass them on here.
- JULY 25 Start of CPE Batch (PBTS Training Center). Dr. Paul Tabon
- JULY 25 Start of CPE Batch (Mary Johnston Hospital). Dr. Sim Dang-Awan
- AUGUST 3 Start of CPE Graduate Training Seminar at Medical City Iloilo and Western Visayas Regional Medical Center, Iloilo City. Dr. Cal Sodoy
- SEPTEMBER ____ Start of CPE Batch (Bukal Life Care Training Center). Celia Munson
- NOVEMBER 2 Start of CPE Graduate Training Seminar, Romblon Provincial Hospital, Odiongan, Romblon (Tablas Island, Philippines). Dr. Cal Sodoy
- NOVEMBER 15 Visit from Dr. Raymond Lawrence, General Secretary of CPSP (Intl)
Trainings planned for November (2015) and January (2016), as well as Certification boards. Exact days will be give more information as we learn them.
Friday, March 20, starting 9AM will be the SIT Peer Support Group for Northern Philippines Region of CPSP-PI. The purpose is for professional development, and personal growth, for those involved in supervisory work in Clinical Pastoral Education.
It will be held at the office of Bukal LIfe Care, on the grounds of Philippine Baptist Theological Seminary (Baguio City).
Expected attendees are SITs from Baguio, Manila, and Korea.
CPSP-Philippines is a regionally partnered organization of the College of Pastoral Supervision and Psychotherapy. CPSP-PI provides certification and accreditation services for chaplains and pastoral care workers, as well as Clinical Pastoral Education programs.
If you have any questions, please email us on the Contact Us Page.
CPSP-Philippines was founded in Baguio City in 2011. The expansion has been slow, but it is speeding up both to the South and to the North. Starting from the South and moving North.
1. Visayas and Mindanao. CPE Supervisor Calixto Sodoy is overseeing three CPE training centers: Visayas, Mindanao, and Southern Tagalog. He is working with Supervisors-in-Training, Cris Sian and Mary Grace Labis. It is great to be working with them and are excited at the possibility of expanding pastoral care and clinical chaplaincy in these regions. They will be busy this Summer with CPE trainees. Additionally. another member is working to establish a chapter, and initiating clinical pastoral care, in Zamboanga.
2. Metro Manila. Dr. Sim Dang-Awan and Dr. Victor Layug will be leading a CPE training at Mary Johnston Hospital. This will be handled residentially at the hospital. The unit will start on April 6 and continue to July 4.
3. Baguio. The Bukal Life and PBTS Training Centers will be holding joint CPE trainings on the campus of PBTS, in conjunction with Baguio General Hospital. The SITs in charge are Celia Munson and Jehny Pedazo of the Bukal Life Training Center, and Dr. Paul Tabon of the PBTS Training Center. The full unit starts March 16th and continues for 11 weeks. The half unit starts April 8 and continues 6-7 weeks.
4. Korea. Dr. Y. Lee will be starting CPE in the Ansan City area in the next few weeks. More info as it becomes available.
Presently CPSP-Philippines is active in three locations (Baguio, Manila, Iloilo) and about to start in a fourth location soon (Ansan City, Korea).
1. CPE is starting up again in Baguio starting March 23d. This will be our Summer Intensive. It will be led by SITs Celia Munson and Dr. Paul Tabon. There has also been questions whether we will do a full year of CPE, for those seeking it. We are presently looking into that possibility with local hospitals. Will hopefully know soon. The summer intensive will be primarily for full unit (400 total hours), but may also provide half unit (200 total hours). Philippine Baptist Theological Seminary students have the option of taking this CPE for credit, and potentially for internship. PBTS students also receive a discount in cost. This CPE program is certified by CPSP and CPSP-Philippines.
2. The Bukal Life Care training center of CPSP-Philippines is also planning to provide two programs that are not CPSP-Philippines certified, but dovetail in nicely with the certified program.
A. Clinical Pastoral Orientation. This is being held in partnership with PBTS and is a 100 hour preparatory to CPE. It follows the model of CPE but is designed to work better with a bible school system. It will meet on Mondays for 6 weeks starting January 23rd.
B. Disaster Response Chaplaincy. This will be an intensive from May 13-16, again in conjunction with PBTS. For those taking CPE with Bukal Life Care, this will be incuded. However, others may choose to take the class independently, or as part of their PBTS curriculum.
September 18. Baguio Chapter Meeting
September 28. Baguio Chapter Certification Board
October 4-13. CPSP-PI / Bukal Life Care Training Center, pastoral care training trip to Ansan City, South Korea
October 17-19. Pastoral Care Conference, Linden Suites, Ortigas, Pasig City
<Note: For all Chapters, please gather your member data forms and send electronic versions to Tootsie. For individuals seeking to join a chapter or help establish a new chapter, please contact a chapter near you, or email Bob at email@example.com.>
-Aug 17. Start of Batch 2013-4 Half unit led by Celia
-Aug 19. Final Unit Evals for CPE 2013-3 led by Joyce
-Aug 19. North Central Luzon ( NCL) CPSP Chapter Meeting.
-Aug 27. Benguet CPSP Chapter Meeting
-Aug 29. CPSP BOT and Conveners Meeting.
-Sep 5. Baguio CPSP Chapter Meeting
All of these activities are in Baguio City. Activities in Manila and and Iloilo will be added later.
1. CPSP Chapter Meetings.. Baguio Chapter scheduled for August 2. Benguet Chapter scheduled (tentatively) for August 26.
2. CPE. One CPE group is ongoing in Baguio, and one in Manila (PCMC). Another Baguio group is scheduled to start August 17.
3. Working on plans for major CPSP activities in Iloilo and Manila in September or October. Will update as things get worked out.
Mid-June. Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) batch led by Joyce Gray. This will probably be a mixed group… some doing Intensive and some Extended (this depends somewhat on the negotiation between the trainees and training supervisor).
Mid-July. Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) batch led by Celia Munson. This will be an Extended, 18-week class. This will be a bit of an experiment for us, with all group work done on Saturdays. This is especially for those who work 5-days a week.
In all cases, full units are still 400 hours (300 hours ministry, 100 hours of group work and formal training). Training and ministry is done in Baguio City (Philippines) with various local hospitals and jails.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested and wish to be given an application. You can also download an application at http://www.bukallife.org (under Forms).
Training is done certified by the College of Pastoral Supervision & Psychotherapy.
It is advisable to apply early. Each batch is limited in size.
1. CPE in Quezon City. Our Accredited CPSP CPET Training centers the Philippine Children’s Medical Center, led by Training Supervisor Chaplain Tootsie Escandor-Sobremisana, had graduation for its 2013 CPE batch on April 29.
2. CPE in Baguio City. Summer Intensive 2013 is winding down. We had 11 trainees. Graduation will be May 31st at West Baguio Baptist Church and 9am. The next batch of CPE trainees is expected to start on June 14th. It will be led by Training Superivsor Chaplain Joyce Gray. Another batch of CPE trainees is anticipated to start some time in July if there is a demand. It would be led by Training Supervisor Chaplain Celia Munson. For more information, go to www.bukallife.org.